Cogito Ergo Sum ~Rene Descartes

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

--One Lame Book Review--

"That's me, the slight wind between your hand and what you're reaching for, chair and paper, book or cup: that close, where I am: between where breath ends, air starts."

~excerpts from "Where you are" by: Mark Doty

One of the goals i have for 2011 is to catch up on my reading. I just finished reading Twisted 9 (Jessica Zafra). I like Zafra because she has this mixture of sarcasm and wit in her writing and I gotta admit, i was inspired by my long lost sister (Teresa Anne Salvador). I'm not here to talk about Zafra nor the Twisted series. I am here to rant and rave about Mark Doty.

(note: this is not a book review, i am not done reading the book)

Book #2 for January is Sweet Machines. I gotta admit until this day, I have never heard of Mark, never read his books either. When reading poetry, I am partial to Neruda and Dickinson but Mark blew me away. He is a breath of fresh air, each line entices the senses. When you're reading his poems, it's like you are transported to a quiet place where all you hear is the wind. He is a master of his craft.

That's all i got. Once I am done reading the book, I might write something sensible.

~Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment